Side view of the Congregational School room (right) built c1856 – photographed in 1973
The school room in Melville Street was saved when a fire destroyed the church in 1869.
The Congregational Church in the photograph (left) on the corner of George Street and Melville Street, was built in 1871-72 by Arch. R. F. Jones to replace the church which was destroyed by fire in 1869. – photograph taken 1969
Images from the RSHG Archive Roy Brinton Collection