VICTOR HOUSE, 18 PARTLANDS AVENUE, (south side) RYDE
Mainly used as private accommodation, but at some time during the 1930’s and 1940’s, it was used as a nursing home, although that was very short-lived.
1910 Kelly’s Directory, Victor House, Miss Collings
1931 IW Times Directory, Victor House, Mary Elizabeth Noble
1935 Kelly’s Directory, number 18 Partlands Avenue is not listed
1937 Kelly’s directory, Victor House Nursing Home, 18 Partlands Avenue. The Home was run by a Miss D J. Peters.
1951 Kelly’s Directory shows that number 18 had changed to a Nurses’ Home, and that number 17 was a School for Nurses.
Images by Ann Barrett