St Thomas Church
The church closed in 1959 and it remains unoccupied and unused today.
The church graveyard was turned into a garden of rest in the 1980s.
St Thomas Churchyard Maps
Hand drawn maps were produced by Jack Wheeler in the 1970s. Many of the headstones were moved when the churchyard was turned into a garden of rest and today it is difficult to locate many of the burials.
RSHG is currently transcribing and photographing the visible markers and a map showing these will be produced shortly. The Northern part of the graveyard (north side of the church building) is not accessible at present but contains many memorials probably in their original positions. There are also many memorials inside the church and vaults beneath.
St Thomas Alphabetical Index
The alphabetical index contains the names on all the graves from the book ‘Inscriptions on the Memorials’ compiled by Jack Wheeler in 1975.
For any enquiries you may have about the maps, indexes or mapping please contact us here.