Binstead Cemetery opened in 1857.
Craven & Co’s Directory of Hampshire 1857
“The Cemetery is nearly complete and shortly to be opened.”
Hill’s Historical & Commercial Directory of the IW 1879
“The Cemetery is situated on an eminence, on the left side of the main road from Ryde to Newport; it has been established about twenty years, and is neatly surrounded with shrubs; it comprises about one acre of land, and has a chapel for all denominations.”
Kelly’s Directory of Hants & IW 1895
“A cemetery containing about an acre, with mortuary chapel, was formed in 1856; the land was presented by the late John B Willis-Fleming, Esq, it is under the control of a burial board of nine members.”
Binstead Cemetery Gallery