March 2008 – Activity Day in Ryde Cemetery
Our ‘Sister Group’ the Friends of Ryde Cemetery are holding an Activity Day in Ryde Cemetery on Saturday 5th April 2008 between 10am and 3pm.
There will be opportunities to:
* Learn more about the Isle of Wight Council’s Ryde Cemetery Restoration Project and future activities
* Participate in the clearance of overgrown headstones
* Find out how to read and transcribe monument inscriptions
* Research historic tombs of prestigious local families
* Look at the volunteering and FREE training opportunities
* Become a member of the Friends of Ryde Cemetery
May we ask that you dress accordingly by wearing appropriate footwear and clothing and if you are intending to join in the clearing of overgrowth gloves should also be worn.
Some tools will be available but if you are able to bring your own hand tools it would be much appreciated.
If you require further details please telephone
Janis Mundell the Project Co-ordinator on
01983 885172 or 07807 159605
Tea and Coffee will be available
The Friends of Ryde Cemetery look forward to seeing you there.