Links to Friends of Cemetery Groups
- Abney Park Cemetery
- Brookwood Cemetery Society
- Cemetery Research group
- Friends of Beckett Street Cemetery, Leeds
- Friends of Cathays Cemetery, Cardiff
- Friends of East Cowes Cemetery
- Friends of Flaybrick Memorial Gardens, Birkenhead
- Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery
- Friends of Lister Lane Cemetery, Halifax
- Friends of Mendip Hospital Cemetery
- Friends of Newport & Carisbrooke Cemeteries
- Friends of Northwood Cemetery IW
- Friends of Nunhead Cemetery
- Friends of Southampton Old Cemetery
A group of enthusiasts interested in the history and condition of the Old Cemetery in Southampton.
- Friends of the General Cemetery, Sheffield
- Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park
- Friends of Wardsend Cemetery, Halifax
- Highgate Cemetery
- National Federation of Cemetery Friends
The website of the National Federation of Cemetery Friends.
- Undercliffe Cemetery, Bradford
Undercliffe Cemetery contains an incredible array of people and professions, Mayors and Lord Mayors, wool barons, MPs, surgeons and clergymen and many thousands of ordinary folk who toiled through life’s ups and downs and found their last resting place in Undercliffe. Like many cemeteries around the country, this one has gone through a period of neglect, but is now been restored, and there is a high level of interest in restoration and research.
- West Norwood Cemetery
- York Cemetery Trust
Other Sites of Interest
- British Association for Local History
To encourage and assist the study of Local History as an academic discipline and as a rewarding leisure pursuit for both individuals and groups.
- Cemetery Transcription Library
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Community Archives and Heritage Group
- Eastbourne Family History Society
- First World War Centenary
Centenary events 2014 – 2018 and resources from across the globe led by the Imperial War Museum.
- GENEVA – An online calendar of GENealogical EVents and Activities
- Gravestone Photographic Resource
A worldwide project: The Gravestone Photographic Resource project is an attempt to provide a much needed on-line resource for family historians.
- Gov.Uk. HM Courts & Tribunals Service
For information about obtaining copies of Probate records
- Mersea Museum
A large variety of interest in the Essex area and contain images of shipping/yachting, some of which raced in the Solent.
- Rob Gallop’s Flickr account
This site contains many many great photogaphs taken by Rob and some fascinating old photographs of people and places in Ryde taken by Rob’s Great Grandfather Mr Gallop who was an amateur photographer.
- Soldiers Memorials
- The London Gazette
- Ann Barrett’s Isle of Wight Web Site
Mentions many names from all walks of life, Coastguards, Railway personnel, Prison Officers, Newspaper snippets, Obituaries, Census, Schools and much more. It is being added to each week.
- Bembridge Heritage Society
- Bereavement Services, IW Council
Isle of Wight Crematorium website. The Crematorium is administered by the Isle of Wight Council Bereavement Services.
- Brading Station Heritage Exhibition and Visitor Centre
- Carisbrooke Castle Museum
A great place to learn about the history of the Isle of Wight. The Castle is a great place to visit too!
- Cowes Heritage Group
- Freshwater and Totland Archive Group
- Friends of Ryde Library
- Historic Ryde Society
- Island Eye
Your virtual guide to the Isle of Wight.
- Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum
- Isle of Wight County Press
- Isle of Wight Record Office
- Isle of Wight Family History Society
- Isle of Wight History Centre
A comprehensive resource for news and links to the Island’s past, from prehistory to World War 2, including recent discoveries and established work.
- Isle of Wight Industrial Archaeology Society
Dedicated to research and restoration of the Island’s working past.
- Isle of Wight Local Studies Collection
- Isle of Wight Memorials and Monuments
- Isle of Wight Natural History and Archaeological Society
- Isle of Wight Photographers
A growing database of photographers offering services on the Isle of Wight c1860 – c1940.
- Isle of Wight Postal Museum
The museum is a private collection of over 200 post boxes and items of postal equipment. Open to the public by prior arrangement only.
- Isle of Wight Rifles – Gallipoli Campaign
In this resource from the IW Heritage Service you will find primary source material relating to Isle of Wight people and their involvement in the Gallipoli campaign. It covers the period from outbreak of World War I in August 1914, to the evacuation of all troops from Gallipoli by January 1916 . There are also teaching ideas to accompany this material. Much of the material in has come from collections at the Isle of Wight Record Office, local families, The Royal Hampshire Regiment Museum and the Carisbrooke Castle Museum.
- Isle of Wight Society and East Cowes Heritage
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway
- Ryde Arts Festival
Art and music events, workshops and happenings in Ryde throughout the year.
- Shanklin & District History Society
- The New Carnival Company
- The Rifles Living History Society
- Ventnor Heritage Centre
- Vernon Square Preservation Society
- Yarmouth Town Trust
If you would like to add your website to this page then please click here to contact us