APRIL 2011 ADDITIONS TO RECORDS
Our small Research Team added detail to 20 records on the website in April.
Detail this month is mainly from census, birth and marriage registers but also includes:
* The life story of Jean Sharp who died on 6 November2010 kindly contributed by Sally-Ann Garrett in memory of her mother Jean.
* Death of Mr Henry Brown in September 1915, a former verger at St Mary’s Church.
* Death of Mr Charles Cos in June 1902, he was formerly secretary of the Ryde Conservative Association and Club
* Details of the Will of Thomas Bayley Hearn who died in September 1857.
* Death of Mr Richard Burden Mew in December 1937, he was the oldest member and a trustee of the Garfield Methodist Church and had founded a cabinet making business in Union Street, Ryde.
* Death of Dr Alfred Woodward in June 1916, he had been the Medical Officer of Health for the Borough of Ryde from 1881 to 1904.
For the full list of additions made in April please click on the link below.
If you are able to help with this fascinating aspect of our work and could spend even a short time at the Record Office, please contact Ann Barrett, the leader of our Research Team. You can contact Ann by clicking on the Contact Us button at the top of the page.