OCTOBER 2011 ADDITIONS TO RECORDS
In October our Research Team, led by Ann Barrett, added biographical detail to 38 records on the website. Archives of local newspapers, census, directories and probate have been searched and you will find detail on:
* Extracts from Who’s Who
* Short biography and image of Simon Barrow who died 30 December 1862 and is buried in Ryde Cemetery.
* Death and funeral notice for Michael Crabb who died in 1949 at the young age of 15 years. Michael was the only IW Scout to hold the Cornwell Badge (the Scout’s VC) a much loved young man from Ryde.
* Report of the death of Admiral Sir William Loring in 1895.
* Obituaries for Group Captain Bertie Man who died in January 2010. He had served in the RAF and been awarded a Distinguished Flying Cross for an act of bravery in the lead up to the D-Day landings.
* Report of the death of Edward Robert Osborne in 1910 a well known painter and decorator in Ryde.
For the full list of additions please click on the link below.
If you are able to help with this fascinating aspect of our work and could spend even a short time at the Record Office, please contact Ann Barrett, the leader of our Research Team. You can contact Ann by clicking on the Contact Us button at the top of the page.