APRIL 2012 ADDITIONS TO RECORDS
In April our Research Team, led by Ann Barrett, added biographical detail to 32 records on the website. Various archives have been searched and you will find:
* Report of the death of Mrs Matilda Brundrett in 1925. She had been well known in the town as the licensee of teh Elephant & Castle public house and died as a result of a fall
* Report of the death of Mrs Edith Goble in 1919, she was the wife of Mr Edward Goble a well known florist and seedsman in the town.
* Report of the death and funeral of Mr Arthur Hill in 1925. Mr Hill was the founder of well known firm of Hill’s Stores in the High Street.
* Report of the life and death of Alderman Edwin James in 1934. Mr James had been a prominent figure in public and church life for over 50 years.
* Report of the marriage of Miss Adela Phene to Clifford Morson.
For the full list of additions please click on the link below.
If you are able to help with this fascinating aspect of our work and could spend even a short time at the Record Office, please contact Ann Barrett, the leader of our Research Team. You can contact Ann by clicking on the Contact button at the top of the page.