CLIFTON HOUSE – St. Thomas’s Square, High Street, Ryde
The photograph was taken 1969. An example of the bold semi-circular projections often containing three curved sash windows of normal width with wall space in between. This style appeared in Ryde 1820 to 1840’s, the only other town with this style is Southampton.
For some time in the mid 1800’s it was occupied by Dr. Benjamin Barrow, surgeon, M.B.M.S.
Image source: RSHG Archive Roy Brinton Collection